Showing posts with label Getting to and Leaving the US. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Getting to and Leaving the US. Show all posts

Saturday, 23 February 2008

Getting to and Leaving the U.S.

Official information and services from the U.S. government

Entering the U.S. - Visitors information Link Page

U.S. Embassies - Find the U.S. embassy in your country.

Visas - is the official source of information about U.S. visa policy and procedures.

Prepare for Your Visit - Plan your visit; pack smart; know what to expect

Border Entry into the United States by Foreign Nationals - U.S. Customs and Border Protection provides identification requirements, forms, and instructions for visitors to the United States.

Border Wait Times for Entering the U.S. - Average wait times for incoming travelers at major U.S. border crossings

Health Information for Travelers to North America - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control provides information about disease risks for travelers and other public health information for each state.

Convert Currency to U.S. Dollars - The U.S. Department of the Treasury provides current and historical currency exchange rate information.

U.S. Paper Currency – Denominations, Faces, and Backs - Learn which portraits and images appear on the various kinds of U.S. paper currency.

U.S. Coins – Denominations, Faces, and Backs - Learn which portraits and images are shown on the different kinds of U.S. coins.

Foreign Visitors Driving in the U.S. - Quick facts for foreign visitors about driving in the United States.

Weather in the U.S. - The official U.S. government website for weather forecasts

Permanent Residence in the U.S. - Ways to get a "green card". A "green card" gives you official immigration status (Lawful Permanent Residency) in the United States.

Departing the U.S.

I-94 Arrival-Departure Record FAQs - The Arrival-Departure Record is used to document a traveler's admission into the U.S., including date of arrival, visa classification, and the date the authorized stay expires.

Filling out Form I-94
Easy instructions to complete Form I-94, which is issued to non-immigrants who need a non-immigrant visa or who are visa exempt

Register Your Personal Items Before Leaving the U.S. - This certificate from U.S. Customs provides proof of ownership for certain taxable goods, and may waive customs duties when returning to the United States.

Visitors to the United States information from: Office of Citizen Services and Communications

Office of Citizen Services and Communications Overview
The Office of Citizen Services and Communications consolidates all of GSA’s citizen-centered activities into a single organization, providing American citizens access to information and services they require from their government in whatever medium they prefer—the Internet, email, telephone, fax, or print. The office also offers a full range of communication services to the media, other federal agencies, commercial partners, and GSA associates.


Immigration in USA Blog URL

There over 6000 universities in the USA. There is a mixture of private universities, public universities, corporate sponsored and church sponsored universities. We will present information for prospective university students interested in USA universities.